Thursday 16 February 2012

Sadler's Wells London Flamenco Festival 2012










Last night as a Valentine's gift I took my Family to Sadler's Wells to see one of my favourite plays put into a Ballet/Flamenco Dance by the Antonio Gades Company. The play was Lope de Vega's Fuenteovejuna, which is a truish story that actually took place in the 15th century in a village with the same name within the province of Cordoba, Spain. Oh what a pleasure & joy to see my old school King's Canterbury, spanish literature course come to life. My former teachers Mr Newbury & Mr Wade would have been proud of me. The Artist that played Frondoso (Angel Gil) was elegant, robust, rhythmic & stylish as he strutted across the stage in true Flemenco peacock-esque manner. In fact the whole cast's dancing & the Alcade's Flamenco singing were mesmerising.


Thanks again Sadler's Wells for bringing not only the Fela Story late last year but also this eye catching Flamenco Festival in Islington's never regions.


A MUST SEE - ENDS on the 19th February 20012 though so hurry !


Go to http://www.flamencofestival.org/ for details ......Ole!

No comments: