From July 11th - 13th 2014, emc3's Imogen and Aisha had the pleasure of visiting Madrid on a FAM trip organised by Hotel Auditorium. The trip was a great opportunity to visit Madrid and experience it's latest offers in events, restaurants, nightlife and activities.
Friday July 11th
- Transfer to the city centre to experience Madrid at night. Our first stop was a terrace bar overlooking the Cibeles Palace, one of the most prominent buildings in Madrid. At night the building is exceptionally stunning with it's boasting uplight arches, a perfect spot for a casual yet romantic night cap. Next we visited Circulo de Bellas Artes, a very famous gallery that has a terrace bar overlooking the city of Madrid. On the 7th floor, this gave some spectacular views of the city lights.
The Cibeles Palace at night
Saturday July 12th
- Lunch at La Cheminée Restaurant. For our lunch here we enjoyed an array of traditional Spanish food out in the sun on the terrace, which of course included a delicious Paella. Spain's signature dish of rice cooked in saffron with either chicken and/or seafood, vegetables and topped of with a lemon garnish!
- Drive Tour with Go-Cars. We toured the city enjoying the afternoon sun in our little 3-wheeled cars. Each car is fitted with speakers that give explanations of each destination you drive past. This is definitely one of the best ways to see Madrid in all its glory.
- Dinner at Cafe de Oriente Restaurant. An excellent traditional restaurant where we devoured an amazing 4-course dinner including strawberry gazpacho for starter, Panfried hake with oyster mushrooms, gammon pork cured with chorizo spices with melted cheese and boiled potatoes, and a giant profiterole for dessert.
Go-Cars Around Madrid City Centre
- Walking tour around the historic parts of Madrid.
- Lunch at La Posada de la Villa Restaurant. Another great traditional restaurant, famous for its succulent lamb.
All in all, it was an informative and fantastic trip, getting to know the city better and understanding the latest developments in Madrid's event industry. For any event enquiries to Madrid please contact, Ellen Lai at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0203 468 3901.
by Aisha Rigley