Tuesday 23 February 2010

2010 Maison Du Chien- "Bratwursts & Burlesque Shows"

I always like to keep my ear to the ground in London especially for Clubs that give you a lot more for a lot less cost. So when my Notting Hill/Ladbroke Grove Trendy Friend Simone & her Husband JR invited me 2 Thursdays ago to a edgy underground Members nite called "Maison Du Chien" at the Bumpkin i swiftly took up their offer. They explained it to be a night of exotic cocktails, unique individuals, avant garde quotations, French poodles & Berlinesque dancers.

I thought mmmm...." French poodles" - let's find out what this is all about. Upon arriving I bumped into some affable Frenchies I used to work with that I hadn't seen for 12 years. The night galloped on when I met some larger than life freedom fighting Ecuadorians, closely followed by flawed literary intellectuals, over-reacting actors, Ladies in suits & berets, Gents in flowery dresses, depressed musicians and Sienna Miller. Oh and not a French dog in sight........

Always refreshing to meet new people who still have a zest for life, love and extravaganza the way I do. Conversations turned from Karl Lagerfeld, The Bloodless Revolution, Mugabe's outdated moustache & barbarism to Zim along with the multiple flavours of Ben and Jerry Ice Creams " Mmm....How do they make them so good?"

Not for the School niters - the show didn't commence till well after 11pm for which we were promised an illustration of "égalité et fraternité" German stylee. Something for the Boys & something for the Girls! As bizarre as it seemed at the time both genders were not disappointed nor where those in our company that sat on the fence. Thanks for the dance shows Gunter & Helena ...... see you when I'm back .

Helena's Show



Gunter's Show

No comments: